How to Stop Hair Loss in Women? The question ‘how to stop hair loss in women’ is an important issue that many women are curious about. Seasonal transitions, stress, and an unbalanced diet, as well as some harmful habits, are some of the factors that negatively affect our immune system. But from these factors, not only our body but also our hair, which is affected at the same rate, the hair that is carefully cared for falls out. But it is possible to completely stop hair loss. Hair can fall out when washing, combing, or spontaneously.
How to Stop Hair Loss in Women?
While 50-100 pieces of hair loss per 1 day are considered normal, if this amount exceeds 100 strands, if a significant reduction in hair is felt, if the strands of hair are gradually thinning, it is necessary to consult a doctor to find out the underlying causes. And apply the necessary treatment. Because behind hair loss can lie many health problems such as iron deficiency, rheumatism, thyroid diseases, zinc, and biotin deficiency. Delay in contacting a doctor, if any, leads to further progression of possible disease and permanent hair loss. Attention to habits with simple measures that can be taken allows you to have healthier and bushy hair.
Causes of Hair Loss in Women
- Hereditary Factors: This is the most common type of hair loss. In women, thinning of the hair from the top to the periphery is seen.
- Hormonal Changes: The cause of hair loss that occurs after childbirth is the termination of the pregnancy hormone and the onset of the estrogen hormone. In addition to childbirth, hair loss is also seen during menopause. Intense hair loss for up to a few months is normal, but the continuation should be seen by a doctor.
- Drugs: Hair loss can occur as a complication of some drugs used for depression, blood pressure, and heart problems.
- Malnutrition: Improper diets can cause weakness in the hair and loss behind it.
Vitamin Deficiency: Iron deficiency causes hair loss. On the other hand, high doses of vitamin
A can also lead to hair loss.
Methods to Stop Hair Loss in Women
Many cases of hair loss can be easily stopped. In general, the following methods can be used to stop hair loss in women:
- Scalp massage: The cheapest and natural method of getting thicker hair is scalp massage. It has no cost and no side effects either. When washing your hair, gently apply pressure around the scalp with your fingertips to encourage blood flow. You can try a handheld scalp massage to get even more benefits and remove dead skin cells as well.
Essential oils: Essential oils are derived from certain plants and are mainly used in other types of Alternative Medicine in conjunction with aromatherapy. But still, there is not enough evidence for whether essential oils can stop hair loss. If you decide to try this method, test a small amount of oil in your arm, and wait for 24 hours to see if there is any reaction.
Conditions such as redness or rash can indicate an allergic reaction.
- Nourishing shampoos: Nourishing shampoos work in two different ways. First, such products provide volume for your hair. Therefore, the hair looks thicker. This can be useful for women with naturally thin hair. Also, such shampoos can contain vitamins and amino acids, which promise a healthier scalp for more hair production over time. You should use products every day to get the best results. However, it is also recommended to consult your doctor.
- Multivitamins: Healthy hair is also associated with general health. In the case of malnutrition or certain eating disorders, new hair may not be produced from the follicles. A blood test by a doctor can help determine if you are deficient in any vitamins or minerals. If you have a deficiency, your doctor may recommend a daily multivitamin. Hair needs iron, folic acid, or zinc to be healthy, thick, and strong.
- Folic acid supplements: A folic acid is a form of vitamin B that is essential for the production of new cells. Folic acid for hair is thought to help follicles create new hair in balding areas. Still, as with multivitamins, there is not enough evidence that folic acid is guaranteed to help make your hair lusher.
- Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids: Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids are called essential fatty acids. Because it is not produced by the human body. Omega-3 helps the body largely fight inflammation. Early hair loss can also be associated with inflammation. Omega-6, on the other hand, is also important for overall skin health, which can benefit the scalp. Plant-based oils are the primary sources of omega-6, while omega-3 fatty acids are found in fish. If you do not normally consume such foods, be sure to talk to your doctor about using food supplements.
Tips for Preventing Hair Loss in Women
- Avoid tight hairstyles.
- Avoid rubbing, twisting, or pulling your hair by force.
- Be gentle with your hair during washing and combing. A wide-toothed comb can help prevent hair pulling.
- Avoid heat-regulated machines and harsh treatments such as permanent substances.
- Protect your hair from direct sunlight and other ultraviolet light sources.
- Avoid supplements and medications that can cause hair loss.
Medical Methods of Stop Hair Loss in Women
Hair mesotherapy is a treatment method that is quite often preferred and very effective for hair loss. This method is the process of injecting vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and circulatory regulators into the scalp with the help of microneedles, which are necessary for the hair to grow and develop healthily. It is injected with average distances of 1 cm. Then, by massaging the scalp, it is spread evenly. Hair mesotherapy can be easily applied to male and female individuals. An average of 5 to 10 sessions are performed at intervals of 5 days and no pain is felt during the
treatment. Hair mesotherapy, performed every year in the form of a cure, noticeably reduces hair loss by the eye. In this way, new hair follicles are also provided to come out stronger.
Hair transplant is a surgical procedure performed by transferring hair follicles from the donor areas between the nape and ears to areas where baldness is observed. There are many varieties based on application differences. But the DHI hair transplant technique for hair loss in women is often preferred. The DHI hair transplant method permanently treats the entire problem o baldness in women.
In this treatment method, your blood is injected into areas where hair reduction is intense by undergoing special procedures. This treatment is more preferred for hair loss of genetic origin.
Laser therapy: Low level laser therapy is a treatment that can help hair grow. It can be an alternative to medication and hair transplant surgery.