Trying to get rid of your wrinkles? Filler injections can help you get youthful appearances. What is good about them is that they cost a fraction compared to the traditional facelift operations. In less than 30 minutes, you can get outstanding results that will last up to a year. While Botox injections reduce wrinkles by relaxing the muscles underneath, filler injection removes the wrinkle by straight-up filling them. That is why they are alternatively referred to as volumizers.
Plastic surgeons can inject these fillers into almost any part of the body. So, there are various filler injection procedures. Some of the examples include:
- Lip Filler Injections: Lip filler injections are very popular among the patients who want to augment their lips. They can provide great volume, giving patients fuller, plumper lips.
- Breast Filler Injections: These injections can enlarge the breasts while protecting their natural look.
- Under Eye Filler Injections: Under eye filler injection can tighten the skin under the eyes and give the patient a well-rested look.
Substances of Filler Injections
“Yes, the results seem very satisfactory. But what is this substance that they are injecting?” you might ask. Well, these injections are often referred to as dermal filler injection. These dermal fillers are gel-like substances that are often naturally present in the body. There are also synthetic alternatives available. Let’s check what these substances are.
- Hyaluronic Acid – naturally present in the body, keeps the skin plump and hydrated
- Calcium Hydroxylapatite – found in the bones, lasts longer compared to HA (12 months)
- Poly-L-lactic Acid – synthetic but safe, lasts up to 2 years
- Polymethylmethacrylate – synthetic, commonly used in medicine
- Autologous Fat – patient’s own fat, provides natural and long-lasting results
So, there are various substances that plastic surgeons use in these procedures. Each substance has its own advantages. You can contact us if you want to learn about which substance is more suitable for you in achieving your goals. Our experts will gladly provide you with further information.