What Vitamin Causes Hair Loss? With aging our body goes through certain changes. With years our hair follicles lose their strength, which causes hair loss. This loss causes people to look into the reasons for hair loss. Many chemicals, even vitamins we intake, come under question of being the cause of hair loss. Losing our hair to a certain extent is perfectly normal. While it was unavoidable for many years, nowadays hair transplant may be a great option for people who want to keep their looks great. We now have the cure for it, but how can we detect the loss of our hair? What are the symptoms? What exactly causes hair loss? There are many symptoms and reasons.
What are the symptoms of hair loss?
Symptoms of hair loss can be seen among many people and it is quite varied. Some of the symptoms are:
- Gradual thinning: Most common type of hair loss, usually affects people as they age. In men, hair often recedes starting from the hairline on the forehead. Older women may also be subject to the receding hairline.
- Circular bald spots: Hair loss may occur in circular bald spots on the scalp. Skin usually becomes itchy or painful before your hair falls off.
- Sudden loosening of hair: A physical or emotional trauma may loosen your hair roots. Lots of hair may come out even with gentle tugging. This is usually temporary.
- Full hair loss: Treatments such as chemotherapy for cancer, can result in the loss of hair all over your body. Hair often grows back.
These symptoms may occur due to many factors like heredity, medication, etc. Whatever the reason may be, losing our hair is usually something we dread.
Ten years ago, we probably had no choice but to get used to our new look and try to get on with our lives. But not anymore! Hair transplant treatments are now widely used for affordable prices. We use top of the line technology with specific treatments and the best hair transplant techniques to have you gain back your ideal looks and confidence back!
Reasons for hair loss
Hair loss may be caused by many reasons. Some of them are:
- Heredity: Hereditary condition that manifests itself due to aging is the most common cause of hair loss. Androgenic alopecia is the scientific name for this condition. Usually, hair loss due to heredity occurs gradually with predictable patterns. Hairline recedes slowly and bald spots are common in men, while women may experience thinning of the hairline along with the crown of the scalp.
- Hormonal changes or medical conditions: There are many conditions that can cause permanent or temporary hair loss. Hormonal changes that happen along with pregnancy, childbirth, menopause, and thyroid problems can cause this condition. There is also immune system related conditions, scalp infections, etc. That can cause hair loss.
- Medications and supplements: Certain drugs, such as cancer, arthritis, depression, heart, gout and high blood pressure medication can cause hair loss.
- Radiation therapy to the head: After radiotherapy, hair may not be able to grow back healthily.
- Stressful events: Traumatic experiences can cause thinning or even loss of hair. This type of hair loss is usually temporary but it may vary.
- Hairstyles and treatments. Excessive hairstyling with lots of chemicals can be guilty of causing hair loss. These kinds of treatments should always be done by experts under control.
What Vitamin Causes Hair Loss? Aside from these, the lack of vitamins C, D, B2, B7, and B12 have a direct correlation with hair loss. The most interesting part of these studies is, excessive intake of Vitamin A is also guilty of causing hair loss.
While it may be normal, for most of us losing hair harms our self-confidence and self-image. Hair loss may be unavoidable, but it is not something to be afraid of anymore. Hair transplant techniques have evolved to a level of nearly perfect success rate and safety. With our top of the line techniques and expert staff, you can regain your healthy and youthful hair quickly and safely. With today’s technology and expertise, hair transplant is safer than ever.
Can hair loss be prevented?
While preventable hair loss, which occurs due to mishandling your hair, trauma or even medications, can be avoided by,
- Being gentle and careful with your hair
- Being careful with medications and supplements you take and consulting a medical professional for side-effects such as hair loss
- Protecting your hair from sunlight, radiation, and other sources of infrared or ultraviolet light
- Quitting smoking, lots of studies show a direct correlation between smoking and hair loss.
While these preventative measures might stop preventable causes of losing your hair, the most common cause of hair loss, heredity, and aging cannot be avoided. For unavoidable cases of hair loss, we offer the best hair transplant techniques available in Turkey. Our DHI and DHI PRO treatments, coupled with our experienced surgeons and intensive aftercare, will help you regain your youthful splendor. You will be satisfied with your perfect looks after getting one of our successful treatments with the best hair transplant in Turkey. What Vitamin Causes Hair Loss?