The question ‘how much is a hair transplant in turkey’ is highly curious by many people who want to have a hair transplant in Turkey. Recently, Turkey has become the most frequented place for patients from many countries in the world in terms of health tourism. The high number of doctors who specialize in aesthetics, hair transplant, and cosmetics, also the lower prices of hair transplant compared to other countries are among the biggest reasons why Turkey is preferred. Especially those who want to have a hair transplant in Turkey should consult a specialist doctor first and learn all the necessary tricks.
Why Hair Transplant in Turkey?
There is no doubt that the only known solution for baldness is hair transplantation. Hair transplant is required for this problem, which affects men significantly and causes a serious lack of self-confidence. In Turkey, hair transplant procedures have improved greatly in recent periods and hair transplant specialists have developed new techniques unique to them. With these techniques, the success rate in hair transplant has also increased.
Things to Consider Before Hair Transplant in Turkey
Before having a hair transplant in Turkey, the following issues should be considered:
- You should make sure that the hair transplant in Turkey is suitable for your situation.
- In Turkey, you should learn the cost of hair transplant down to the finest detail.
- You should choose the right, professional, and qualified doctor for hair transplant. In particular, seeing the results of previous applications of the practicing doctor or talking with former patients will make it easier for you to choose the appropriate doctor.
- You must have sufficient information about the clinic or hospitals where hair transplant operations will be performed.
- Firstly have information about the results to be obtained after hair transplant.
- You should research the living and accommodation costs in the city where the application will be made. Besides, the cost of vehicles should be known.
In addition to all these, a correct consultation should be made with the doctor who will perform the application. Things to consider during the consultation are as follows;
- During the consultation, you should be extremely honest with your doctor and ask your doctor about any issues you have in mind about hair transplant.
- Tell your doctor if you drink alcohol and smoke.
- Be sure to tell your doctor if you have chronic heart disease, diabetes, stress, liver disease, or AIDS. Be extremely honest about your overall body health and tell your doctor if you are being treated for any disease.
- Tell your doctor the purpose of the process and the results you expect in the finest detail.
How to Choose the Right Doctor for Hair Transplant in Turkey?
As mentioned before, the choice of the doctor is the most important factor determining the success of the application. In Turkey, choice of doctor for hair transplantation should be done in the following ways:
- Make sure the doctor has a very long experience in hair transplantation in Turkey.
- The doctor must be a member of the American or British Plastic Surgery Association.
- The doctor must be a graduate of an accredited medical school and be familiar with the use of modern technologies in hair transplant.
Hair Transplantation Cost in Turkey
Hair transplant costs in Turkey are much more affordable than in other countries and costs vary according to many situations. For example, hair transplant costs may vary according to cities and districts. The factors determining the costs are as follows;
- The type of anesthesia used in hair transplantation,
- The development of techniques used in practice,
- Doctor’s qualifications and experience,
- The qualification of the services provided in the hospital,
- Hair transplant area,
- The general health and care needs of the patient,
- The number of follicles to be transplanted.
Types of Hair Transplantation in Turkey
There are three different types of hair transplant in Turkey. These methods are:
- FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) Method: The FUT method was used more in the ’90s. This is the technique of removing the hair follicles from the donor area in the form of a strip and transplanting them into the channels opened in the area to be transplanted. The FUT method is a technique that is rarely used with the development of technology in hair transplant applications.
- FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) Method: It is a technique applied to problematic areas by removing hair follicles one by one with special tipped micro tools developed under local anesthesia.
- DHI (Direct Hair Implant) Method: It is the process of removing the hair from the donor area (the area where the hair is taken) with special needles and placing them in the area to be transplanted with the same needles in a short time.