Hair Transplant Procedure Hair loss is regarded as one of the most prevalent issues that thousands and millions of people around the world are suffering from. This vexing and exasperating matter which horribly affects our self-esteem and disturbs our inner peace leading to countless psychological issues, could be actually classified into two categories: the temporary hair loss, which lasts for a finite period of time due to a partial damage of either the hair or the hair follicles,which could be solved using hair products or non-surgical therapies like the Platelet-rich plasma, the low-laser therapy, and the chronic or hereditary hair loss, which leads to the total death of hair follicles, causing partial and sometimes total baldness, and could be only solved through one way which is the hair transplant procedure.
What is this process? Does it belong to the surgical or non-surgical operations spectrum? What are its pros and cons? Does it give an immediate and long-lasting result? Who is eligible for this process? And how is it performed? In this article, you will find all the answers related to this procedure, so keep reading.
Hair Transplant Procedure
A lot of people worldwide think that the hair transplant procedure is the best solution for everyone losing his/her hair, but this is just an erroneous idea that should be rectified and corrected, this operation is not for everyone, it is rather for the following category of people:
- Those whose hair grafts are falling out and dying: one one hand, as we mentioned above, there is a group of people whose hair is falling temporarily because of some reasons like hormonal changes which occurs during pregnancy, childbirth, menopause, a certain psychological or physical disease, this category are experiencing hair loss because their hair is damaged, however their hair follicles are still alive, so they are not eligible for hair transplant procedure. On the other hand, there are a lot of people, especially males who are experiencing a chronic hair loss which is also known as Androgenetic Alopecia. This type of hair loss does not damage the hair only causing its thinning and falling, but it rather destroys and exterminates the hair grafts completely, leading to partial or total baldness. Thus the only possible and effective existing therapy for this stratum of people is hair transplant procedure.So please, before blindly deciding to undergo this operation, make sure to figure out the type of your hair loss first to know the best option that fits your case.
- Anyone whose age is at least 18 years old: if you are 18 years old or more, you are suitable for this operation.
- Healthy people: if you are totally healthy, and you do not have any disease or allergy such as severe and unstable blood pressure, diabetes, liver viruses including hepatitis c, cancer, thyroid…., you are also eligible for hair transplant procedure.
- People with a strong donor area: another necessary condition to perform hair transplant is having a highly dense and thick donor area. The donor area is the place from which the doctor will extract the hair grafts that would be later transplanted in the bald area, and it could be the back of the head, the bottom side of the beard or the chest.
- The ones who have a clear bald area: some people who suffer from an Androgenetic alopecia, and even though their hair is falling, they still do not have a visually clear bald area, they just have very small empty zones in their head which could not be transplanted. So to be a candidate for hair transplant procedure, you should necessarily have a plain bald area.
Once you make sure that you have met all the conditions, you need now to know what is the best hair transplant procedure method that guarantees permanent and long-lasting results.
In fact, nowadays there are a variety of hair transplant methods, but the one that has proved to be the best so far is called the DHI method. This technique has been recently developed by one of the most ranking and leading international hospitals in Istanbul Turkey,Clinic Expert Hospital, and it is performed as following:
- The Platelet-Rich plasma injection.
- The low-laser therapy procedure.
- The grafts extraction: using this technique, the doctor primarily harvests hair follicles ( hair roots ) from the donor area through a medical device called the micro fue.The latter is highly advanced, and extracts the grafts individually: hence; it does not cause any scars.
- The grafts transplantation: the fourth step of the hair transplant procedure using the DHI pro This step is applied by transplanting the harvested hair follicles directly in the bald areas using a medical instrument called the choi pen which has a diameter of 0.5 mm; therefore: it does not lead to any scars, crack or bleedings. The Hair transplant procedure with this method could be even done without shaving your hair.