Hair Implant Turkey. Recently, Turkey has become the most frequented place for patients from many countries in the
world in terms of health tourism. Aesthetics, hair implant, and cosmetic specialists are among the biggest reasons why Turkey is preferred. Especially in Turkey, those who want to have hair implants should consult a specialist surgeon in the first place and learn all the necessary tricks.
What to Consider Before Hair Implant in Turkey?
Before getting a hair implant in Turkey, you should pay attention to the following considerations:
- Make sure that hair implant procedures in Turkey are appropriate for your situation.
- You should learn the cost of hair implants in Turkey down to the smallest detail.
- You should choose the right, professional, and quality surgeon for the hair implant. In particular, seeing the results of previous practices of the surgeon performing the procedure or talking to their former patients will make it easier for you to choose the appropriate surgeon.
- You must have sufficient information about the clinics or hospitals where hair implant operations will be performed.
- You should be aware of the results that will be obtained after the hair implant procedure.
- In the city where the application will be made, you should investigate the cost of living and accommodation. Also, the cost of the means of transport should be known.
Along with all this, it is necessary to consult correctly with the surgeon who will perform the application.
The following are the considerations during the consultation:
- During the consultation, you should be extremely honest with your doctor and ask your doctor about all the issues that are on your mind about the hair implant.
- Be sure to tell your doctor if you have chronic heart disease, diabetes, stress, liver disease, or AIDS. Be extremely honest with your doctor about your overall body health and tell them if you are being treated for any illness.
- Tell your doctor the purpose of the process and the results you expect.
- Tell your surgeon if you drink alcohol or smoke.
How to Choose the Right Surgeon for Hair Implant in Turkey?
As mentioned earlier, the choice of the surgeon is the most important point that determines the success of the application. Choosing a surgeon for a hair implant in Turkey should be done in the following ways;
- Make sure that the surgeon has a very long experience in hair implant operations in Turkey.
- The surgeon must be a member of the American or British Plastic Surgery Association.
- The surgeon must graduate from an accredited medical school and be familiar with the use of modern technologies related to hair implants.
Hair Implant Cost in Turkey
The cost of hair implants in Turkey is generally a lower cost procedure than in other countries, and prices vary. Hair implant prices, for example, may vary by city, county, and district. Considerations that determine prices include;
- Preferred type of anesthesia in the hair implant procedure,
- Development of techniques used in practice,
- Surgeon’s qualifications and experience,
- Nature of services offered in the hospital,
- Hair implant area,
- The overall health of the patient and the degree of care he or she needs,
- Several follicles to be transferred.
However, hair implant procedures may not have the same results in every person.
Certain factors influence these results. These;
- Hair type,
- Transferred hair follicle type,
- Hair loss rate,
- Transplanted hairstyle,
- The degree of contrast between hair color and scalp.
Why Hair Implant in Turkey?
There is no doubt that the only known solution for baldness is the hair implant process. For this problem, which affects men in a significant way and leads to a serious lack of self-confidence, a hair implant procedure is required. Hair implant procedures in Turkey have improved significantly recently, and hair implant surgeons have developed new techniques that are unique to them. With these techniques, the success rate in the hair implant process has also increased.
Hair Implant Types Applied in Turkey
Different types of hair implants are preferred in Turkey. Popularly preferred hair implant techniques include:
- DHI (Direct Hair Implant) Hair Implant: This is the process of removing hair from the donor area with special needles and placing it in a short time in the area that will be transferred again with the same needles. This method is known as the most successful and often preferred hair implant technique.
- FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) Hair Implant: This is a technique performed by taking the hair follicles individually with special tip micro tools developed under local anesthesia into problematic areas, taking into account the direction and natural angle of hair output.
Hair Implant Results in Turkey
The most difficult periods of those who have hair implants in Turkey are the process experienced after the procedure. It must take exactly 18 months for hair implant results to be fully obtained. After approximately 15 to 20 days, shock shedding begins. This hair that falls out begins to come out again within 4 to 5 months. Hair that comes out first is typically weak and lifeless. After 6 months, approximately 50-60% of results occur.
This is the overall average. This rate can vary from person to person. After 7 to 8 months, the hair begins to thicken and increase in volume. At the end of the year, approximately 90-95% of results occur. It is necessary to wait 18 months for a 100% result. Therefore, to fully evaluate the images before and after the hair implant, it would be more accurate to evaluate the photos month by month at periodic intervals. In general, the hair implant process is:
- The day immediately after the hair implant procedure: Grafts immediately after the operation, there is a fresher slightly bloodied image. According to experience, a cleaner image is formed in the hair implant procedure performed with the DHI technique.
- Before and after the first wash: The most critical period after the operation is the first 48 to 72 hours. Especially during this period, attention should be paid to possible situations such as a blow to the head. In general, the first washing process is done on the first day. Some hospitals can do the first wash after the third day. Washing should be done twice a day. The donor area begins to heal rapidly. As an image, there may be slight edema or swelling from the second day. This is a temporary condition. In the hair implant process with the DHI method, serious edema does not occur because saline is not given to the scalp.
- After 10 days: After about 8 to 10 days, the shells on the scalp will be lost. The first images will make a person’s face quite laugh. The donor area will be fully healed. No serious visual impairment. If the shells continue after 12 days, contact the place where you made the transaction.
- Shock loss period: Transferred hair begins to fall out after about 15 to 20 days. This is a normal process. This spill varies from person to person. Shedding can continue for up to 45 to 50 days. This shedding rate will again vary from person to person. Some people shed up to 90% to 100%, while others can stay between 5 and 10%.
- After 1 month: During this period, shock loss has started and continued. A hair implant is one of the most annoying periods for the period before and after. After the hair implant, there may be a slight level of redness in the area where the procedure is performed. This condition is more common, especially in people with light skin, and this redness can persist for up to 2 to 3 months.
- After 3 months: This month, the shock loss process is finished and the redness is also lost. During this time, acne may occur in places on the skin. This is also not a situation to be afraid of. But if there is too much acne, it is useful to talk to the surgeon. Hair is now slowly preparing for an exit.
- After 4 months: Transferred hair gradually begins to come out. At the end of 4 months, there will be approximately 25 to 30% hair output. The first hair that comes out is weak and thin. Hair that comes out first can typically be curly and become normal over time.
- After 6 months: At these times, the hair output rate is generally 50 to 60%. In some people, even at 6 months, the vast majority of the process may be completed.
- After 7 months: During this time, there is both a numerical increase and an increase in the volume of the hair, and the hair begins to thicken at a high rate. The overall hair output rate is between 70 and 80% on average.
- After 1 year: On average, the hair output rate in this process is 95%. The Hair implant process will be largely complete.
- After 18 months: Now the hair implant process is complete. If an excessive amount of graft has been taken from the donor area and a homogeneous intake has not been made, images that do not look good may occur in the donor area. To avoid this problem, the donor capacity should never be exceeded when receiving the graft, and good planning should be done. Choosing a surgeon is therefore very important. The pre-and post-hair implant stages here may not be the same for everyone in the patient.