FUE hair transplant is one of the treatment types of hair loss that develops as a result of male pattern baldness, various diseases, and the use of various drugs. Follicular Unit Extraction method is one of the oldest techniques used in hair transplant operations. The FUE method has a much more advanced strategy than the FUT hair transplant technique. The patient is examined in detail by the doctor and the day of the operation is decided after it is certain that he is a suitable candidate for FUE. On the day of the operation, after the patient’s hair is shortened, the drawing is performed, the donor area is anesthetized with local anesthesia, and the procedure begins. Hair follicles are extracted from the donor area with a special extraction tool. Tissue fragments (grafts) containing single, double, triple, or quadruple follicles are carefully collected. Follicle collection takes about 3 hours. Hair follicle death begins to occur within 2.5 hours in grafts kept at room temperature. For this reason, the grafts are kept in the hyposol fluid to prevent hair follicle death. This hair, held on hyposol, can live up to 5-6 hours. After collecting healthy hair follicles, the hair transplant process begins.
What are the Advantages of FUE Hair Transplant?
FUE hair transplant is a very advantageous hair transplant method compared to other hair transplant methods. FUE hair transplant advantages are generally as follows:
- The Fue method is the easiest process.
- Fue hair transplant costs are affordable.
- This method is less painful.
- It helps to get maximum follicles in hair transplant.
- It allows the hair follicles to be taken healthily without being damaged.
- There is little risk of infection and bleeding after hair transplant.
- Hair transplant with this method provides rapid recovery.
- There is no scar after the Fue method.
How is Hair Transplant Performed with Fue Method?
- The FUE hair transplant method first starts with an examination by your doctor.
- Considering the size of the area to be transplanted, how many grafts (a normal graft includes 2 to 3 hair strands) should be transferred is determined. Afterward, it is checked whether the donor area contains this amount of grafts and whether this amount can be taken. It should be noted right here that the selection of the donor area is of great importance.
- In the FUE hair transplant method, the nape area is generally chosen as the donor area. Also, there is no visible decrease in the area where the hair is taken after the transfer.
- For the application to be healthier, the hair should be shaved very short. Although it is used in the unshaven method today, the doctor may not be able to detect the opened channels. As a result, the duration of the application is prolonged and the transplant process is very tiring for both the patient and the practicing team.
- Local anesthesia is applied to the patient during the procedure. During this process, the patient does not feel any pain.
- The hair follicles in the donor area are taken one by one with a very fine-tipped machine with an adjustable speed called a micro motor. The grafting is applied very gently and meticulously by the hair transplant team.
- Hair follicles are kept in a special solution until transplantation.
- After the removal of the grafts in the donor area, the channel opening process is started in the areas to be transplanted.
- The channel opening process is opened with the help of a tool called micropene and lateral slit. The most important part of the FUE hair transplant method is the channel opening process. The skill and competence of the doctor are very important during the grooving process. Apart from this, the diameter of the hair follicle or grafts have taken and the diameter of the opened channels must be compatible. Otherwise, problems may occur in the nourishment of the transplanted hair and prevent the desired result from hair transplantation.
- Finally, the grafts taken from the donor area are transplanted one by one into these channels. After the procedure, the patient is given necessary dressings and the patient is discharged.
Is FUE Hair Transplant Painful?
During the operation, the patient does not feel any pain or ache because he/she is under local anesthesia. The process is very comfortable for the patient. Since there is no cutting process, there is no scar on the donor or transplant areas after hair transplant with the FUE technique. Also, using the FUE technique, 3000-4500 grafts can be transplanted in a single session lasting 6-8 hours. For higher numbers of follicle transplantation, two consecutive sessions should be performed.