FUE Procedure. Follicular Unit Extraction, or FUE procedure, is a preferred hair transplant method in order to offer patients without hair a thicker hair appearance naturally. Just the opposite of more invasive techniques like follicular unit transplantation. The FUE technique is applied manually, from extraction to transplantation, by a skillful hair transplant doctor. Before the dissection of the follicles begins, the donor section of the scalp will first be shaved to supply the doctor with better visualization so as to not over-harvest areas. The donor area will then be cleansed and anesthetized with an area numbing agent.
During the procedure, one among two extraction methods is going to be used; sharp or blunt dissection. The sharp punch dissection technique limits the depth of the punch insertion so as to avoid follicle transactions and provides a more consistent graft. The blunt punch dissection method utilizes a dull tip that’s less possibly to transect the follicles and thus the tip guides the follicles into the lumen of the punch. This provides a much deeper level of dissection.
In this way, it reduces the manipulation and therefore the force required for graft extraction. Our hair transplant surgeon will make a decision about what technique is the most suitable for your individual needs. During the procedure, 2,400-5,000 grafts are going to be harvested to a specific area on the scalp. If hairs are implanted into the parts of eyebrows, normally only 150-200 grafts are needed. Our surgeon is going to be cautious to refrain from over-harvesting donor areas so as to not cause the body to experience telogen effluvium, a reversible sort of temporary hair loss led by emotional or physical issues.
Follicular Unit Extraction technique finds a way to reverse the current condition of hair loss formed by thinning hair, and receding hairlines.
What Guidelines should You Implement Before Undergoing an FUE Procedure?
Once you’re deemed physically fit to undergo an FUE hair procedure, there are certain guidelines you would like to follow:
- If you’re taking any blood thinners, please let our doctor know immediately.
- You’re taking broad beta-blockers to let our doctor know immediately. If you employ inhalers, you would like to bring your inhaler to the clinic on the day of the procedure.
- Don’t take any anti-inflammatory medications for one week before your procedure.
- Don’t get B or E vitamins for at least one week before the hair transplant process, this includes any multivitamins, as these tablets are familiar to extend bleeding.
- Medications prescribed to you for heart and vital sign medication should be taken as prescribed right up to and including the day of your procedure.
- If you smoke alcohol and cigarettes, leave them at least two weeks before treatment. Because smoking and drinking alcohol can seriously interfere with the healing process.
- If you dye your hair, then dye your hair three days before the procedure and make certain to wash your scalp a day, Including on the day of the procedure, to stay it free from the dye.
- Some doctors may ask you to eat breakfast and lunch before the method, while others may ask you to refrain from eating and drinking a minimum of 12 hours before the procedure. Please follow our doctor’s instructions.
- Some doctors may advise you to scrub your hair thoroughly on the day of the procedure, while some don’t. You can follow our doctor’s instructions.
- Don’t apply any hair sprays or other hair styling products on the day of the surgery.
- Don’t drink any caffeinated beverages on the day of the procedure.
After Undergoing the FUE Procedure
- Sleep during a semi-sitting position after the hair restoration surgery. this may help the swelling to scale back faster and stop you from accidentally touching the areas where the hair follicles are transplanted.
- Avoid touching, scratching, and rubbing the world that has been treated where the hair follicles are transplanted.
- Follow our doctor’s instructions. you’ll even be advised to shampoo your hair twice each day after around 7 days of the treatment.
- Get the medications prescribed for you by our surgeon.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol for 2 weeks after the treatment.
- Cover your head with hats or a bandana to refrain from direct contact with UV rays and sun lights exposure.
- Abstain from any sort of strenuous activity, containing strenuous exercises for a minimum of 28 t 30 days after an FUE procedure. You’ll go on mild exercises after around 14 days of the procedure.
How Long Does It Take?
An FUE hair transplant is often undergone in either one long session or several smaller sessions depends on the treated area. It tends to be longer consuming than strip surgery but doesn’t leave the apparent and typical scars that strip procedure does. The length of your time for an FUE procedure can vary, but it always depends on what percentage of grafts are needed to hide the top. A smaller procedure, where only around 200 grafts are needed, are often completed during a few hours. Yet, a bigger process of around 2,500 to 3,000 grafts would require a session that extends over two days.
Several advantages of the FUE process involve:
- It’s ideal for brief sessions and for patients.
- It is suitable for patients who would really like to sport short hairstyles. it’s convenient for patients who haven’t any issue with shaving their heads.
- It is also suitable for mustache or eyebrow replacement. In this procedure, minimizing scars is the most vital advantage over other procedures.
- Another great advantage of FUE is that the patient can wear their hair short or shaved without fear about noticeable scarring and damage. Patients can also choose FUE If they need limited scalp elasticity.
- FUE hair transplant is additionally an excellent option for patients because they need minimal hair at the donor site, or have a soft scalp. In such cases, FUE is often won’t excise follicle units from other areas of the body. Hair transplants from the arms, legs, chest, and back are sometimes the simplest and only option surely patients, allowing more people to enjoy a denser head of hair.
Some other advantages of the FUE procedure:
- An advantage of the FUE hair transplant procedure is that it’s more donor site options, as grafts are often extracted from other parts of your body also.
- FUE procedure also can be wont to fill in areas of eyebrows in men and ladies and beard in men.