Do Hair Transplants Work?
Do Hair Transplants Work? Well, in a word, yes. Skin transplants use your own hair from areas of the body with more concentrated hair, usually from the back of your head. The follicular units of 1 to 4 individual hairs are then gathered from the donor site and transplanted into thinning or bald areas. A thicker head of hair is easily evident after 10 months. Many men and women with a male or female history of baldness are eligible for hair transplant.
Hair transplants are performed to add additional hair to the region on your head that could be thinning or bald. That is achieved by removing hair from thicker sections of the scalp, or other parts of the body, and grafting it to the thinning or balding area of the scalp. About 60 percent of men and 50 percent of women worldwide suffer some form of hair loss. People also use over-the-counter drugs to remedy this, including topical medications such as minoxidil (Rogaine). Wonder a little further than that. We’re going to give you all the feedback you want to hear.
For hair transplant to work properly, it is necessary to pay attention to the following points:
- Getting the right information: If you want to get a successful result from the hair transplant operation, you should get accurate and reliable information about the application. In this process, you can get a good level of information from the internet in a short time. However, when researching such issues on the internet, be careful to read authoritative and proven sources.
- Finding a talented and experienced team: If you want to have a successful hair transplant operation, you should first choose the expert team that will do this job. It will be in your best interest to choose a team that has done a lot of work in the field of hair transplantation, closely follows the developments in hair transplant and constantly practices. The comments of people who have previously undergone this operation will give you an idea. To get the result you want from a hair transplant, you should choose the team that will operate well.
- Choosing the right method: Besides choosing the right team, it is also important to choose the right method. You should consult your doctor about the most appropriate method for you. Your doctor will give you the necessary information and you can decide with your doctor which method is the most appropriate.
- Taking suggestions seriously: Choosing the right team and the right method means you have completed the most important part of the job. However, applying your doctor’s recommendations after the operation is also one of the important factors affecting the success of a hair transplant. Some things should and should not be done after a hair transplant. Your doctor will explain these to you. It is necessary to heed your doctor’s recommendations for the operation you have undergone to achieve its purpose.
What is a Hair Transplant?
Before we plunge through a tiny print, let’s confirm that we’re both sure on the basics. Hair transplantation can be a treatment that applies hair to the thinning or balding areas of the scalp, where it begins to grow naturally. Since the name means that the fresh hair is transplanted from areas of the scalp that already have thicker hair. Hair transplants are performed to add more hair to the neighborhood on the head that would be thinning or bald. It is carried out by taking hair from thicker parts of the scalp, or other areas of the body, eit
How does a Hair Transplantation Work?
There are currently two separate methods for hair transplantation: the Follicular Device Extraction (FUE) or the Direct Hair Implant (DHI). Basically, our surgeon gathers up your hair and transfers it to a place where you don’t have your scalp. It’s usually taken from the back of the brain. Yet it can be taken in the same manner from various areas of your body. Before the transfer occurs, our professionals clean the area where the hair has the potential to be removed and numb it with a local sedative. You’re going to need sedation, too. You’re still calling for sedation, so stay unconscious for the technique. At this stage, our surgeons perform one of two transfer strategies: DHI or FUE hair transplant:
Direct Hair Implantation (DHI)
The DHI hair transplantation approach is a simplified variant of the FUE hair transplantation method which uses a similar protocol. Our surgeons can extract hair follicles from the region of your scalp, usually from the back of your head, and insert them into bald sections. These hair follicles are finally going to grow new hair. Here’s what you can usually expect in the process:
- Our surgeon will shave the head and perform local anesthesia to relax it.
- The doctor can take hair follicles from the back of the head using a fine tip instrument.
- The hair follicles are inserted into a pen-shaped instrument and transplanted into the bald region of the scalp.
- The doctor will make use of the antibiotic cream and will also add the bandage to both sections.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
To execute the FUE technique, the professional follow the following steps:
- On the back of your head, they cut off your scalp.
- The expert extracts singular follicles from the skin of the scalp. You’ll see tiny tests where any follicle has been cut.
- Just as the other procedure, the professional makes small holes in the scalp and connects hair follicles to gaps.
- They scatter the careful position with wraps or bandage at that point.
Is Hair Transplant Permanent?
In many cases, after a successful hair transplant, patients will have thicker looking hair. However, hair may continue to fall out after the application. This is a normal application procedure. For best results, patients should follow the doctor’s post-administration instructions carefully. Carefully following these instructions will increase the success rate of hair transplantation. Heavy exercises and activities should be avoided for a few weeks after the procedure. Also, it should be waited for a few days before washing the hair.
What are the Advantages of Hair Transplant?
A hair transplant is extremely successful. This procedure provides long-term, noticeable, and natural results. The advantages of a hair transplant are:
- It is successful in the treatment of hair loss seen in large areas.
- Unlike other treatments, it can be applied even in the later stages of hair loss.
- It is suitable for both women and men. Advanced hair transplant techniques are applied not only in men but also in female patients. Many women successfully and naturally recover the areas where their hair has been shed with hair transplantation.
- Once your hair starts to grow again, it will not fall out.
- This procedure is a proven hair loss treatment.
- A hair transplant provides a completely natural look. Hair transplant techniques have improved a lot in the last 20 years and serious progress has been made in this area. You can choose where you want your hairline to start and which areas will be transplanted by talking to your doctor.
Hair transplant increases your self-confidence. Perhaps the biggest advantage of having a hair transplant is its contribution to your self-confidence and well-being. Our hair is an important identity element and the shape, style, and color we give to our hair are the most important factors that make us who we are. If we start to lose our hair, this can undermine our self-esteem and cause our personality to change. The power created by healthy, bushy hair in us can be enormous. It can also have very positive effects on self-esteem, personal relationships, business relationships, and social life. You will have healthier hair after hair transplant.
What Happens After You get a Hair Transplant?
Understandably, all of these incisions and insertions make the skin swollen, so you may like a prescription pain medicine following a hair transplant. You may also need to take antibiotics to avoid infections and anti-inflammatory medications to prevent swelling. 2 to 3 weeks after the operation, the transplanted hair sometimes falls to make room for new growth. It can take up to 12 months for new hair to grow, so your doctor can recommend minoxidil (generic Rogaine ®) or finasteride (generic Propecia ®) to speed up development and prevent potential hair loss, even the hair you did not transplant. (Imagine having a new full hairline from a transplant only to drop your hair right behind it!) Do Hair Transplants Work?
What is the Most Important Factor for Hair Transplant?
A hair transplant is a very important surgical method. To minimize the risks that may arise after hair transplantation, it should be treated in a clinical environment. Doctors who are well educated and experienced in this regard should be selected. This situation is extremely important in terms of getting the best results for hair transplantation. If correct and effective techniques are preferred, the success level of hair transplant increases considerably