Can We Regrow Lost Hair? Hair Loss is a common issue that everyone of us, males and females, may face one day due to multiple factors either biological, environmental, natural, psychological or genetic causes. All around the world, more than 60 % of men and around 40% of women suffer from this bothering and annoying problem, and usually when we notice that our hair is excessively shedding, the first question that comes to our minds is: Can we regrow lost hair? If yes, how does it work? Do we need to undergo surgical interventions, or is it possible to get our hair back through non-surgical processes or products? If you are looking for detailed answers for these questions, keep reading, and you will find all the information you need.
Can We Regrow Lost Hair
Before answering the following recurrent query: can we regrow lost hair, and before digging deeper into this topic, we need firstly to define hair loss, what is this issue?
Naturally, our hair growth goes through a four-step cycle: the anagen phase, the catagen phase, the telogen phase and the exogen phase, and it is quite normal to lose between 100 to 150 hairs daily. Once our daily lost hair surpasses this number, you are definitely suffering from hair loss, thus; you should consult a specialist or a dermatologist as soon as possible to treat this issue before it gets worse and becomes incurable.
Fortunately, and thanks to the high advancement that has occurred in the medical field in the world and especially in Turkey, the answer of the question: can we regrow lost hair is absolutely yes. But the existing various treatments for this problem are relative and they do not fix all the cases and types of hair loss. In fact, hair loss is a problematic issue that could be classified mainly into four different types :
- Androgenetic Alopecia: it is the genetic and hereditary hair loss type that causes the male- pattern baldness and the female- pattern baldness. For men it appears in the frontline and then in the whole head leading to total baldness. For women however, it is a kind of hair loss that shows up all over the head.
- Alopecia Areata: it is an autoimmune disorder that leads to unpredictable and sudden patchy hair loss. This type occurs generally due to autoimmune diseases including: ulcerative colitis, arthritis, rheumatoid, lupus, vitiligo, thyroid disease and allergic disorders.
- Alopecia Universalis: it is a very rare type of hair loss that causes hair fall from all over the body not only the head, but also the eyebrows, the beard, the chest and even the armpits. It occurs generally due to
- Alopecia Totalis: it affects the scalp of the head only.
- Other types include: the anagen effluvium, the catagen effluvium, the hair shaft abnormalities and the hypotrichosis.
How Can We Regrow Lost Hair?
After illustrating the main types of hair loss, and since there is a possibility to solve this problem, how can we regrow lost hair? Which cases from the above- mentioned ones are curable?
Some people may get confused once they hear that hair loss may get treated in some cases and not in others, but the answer is quite simple. If you are suffering from a hereditary and genetic type of hair loss such as the Androgenetic Alopecia, and more specifically the male-pattern baldness, we unfortunately inform you to not expect your hair to grow again, on the total opposite, you need to fastly consult a competent doctor to save the remained hair from total baldness ( which could be never treated ), and we advise you to contact one of the well-known international hospitals in Turkey such as clinic expert hospital in Istanbul, because during the three last decades, this country has been on the top list in the cosmetic field worldwide.
Regrowing Lost Hair
However, if you suffer from any other type of hair loss that is caused by other factors; like for example the menopause, the childbirth, the hormonal disturbances in general, the psychological disorders, the nutritious deficiencies…etc, and it is not associated with heredity, you can get rid of it and you can regrow lost hair.
In brief, In other words, if the hair follicles or the hair roots are still alive, but they are just damaged for certain reasons, you can go for multiple treatments , but if the hair grafts are totally dead, nothing can revive them again,the only possible solution is hair transplant. For this reason, we insist on the necessity of consulting a doctor immediately once you notice that your hair is falling in an excessive and unusual way to figure out the reason and find a solution.
To conclude, Can we regrow lost hair, is a double– barreled question that could be answered by affirmation in some cases, and by negation in others. So to know the answer for your case, consult a professional doctor immediately to grow back your hair if possible, or to solve the rest if not.